The Honors Community
Honors College Mentorship Program
- Mentees will contact mentors on a regular basis throughout the summer and fall semester to ask questions about VCU, The Honors College and college life.
- Mentees will attend all mandatory program events, including the August meet and greet and December Celebration.
- Mentees will be on time for all meetings and events. If a scheduling conflict occurs, you must contact your mentor in advance to reschedule.
- Mentees will respond to contact from their mentors within 48 hours.
- Mentees are expected to check their email on a daily basis for communication from The Honors College or their mentor. Communication is the key to success!
- Mentees will remain active participants in The Honors College.
- Mentees will have fun and make new friends!
- A stronger connection will be made with students in The Honors College.
- First-year students will have a greater understanding of the responsibilities and privileges associated with The Honors College and VCU.
- First-year students will develop a desire to stay involved with The Honors College and strive for academic success.
- Students will experience growth through vectors one and two of Chickering’s Psychosocial Development: Achieving competence and managing emotions.