One opportunity available to Honors students is access to Honors Academic Advising. Honors advising is more than just schedule planning. Our experienced advising staff will work with you to make the most of your time at VCU, helping you to succeed in your classes as well as introducing you to opportunities within the university and in the Richmond community.
All freshmen are required to meet with their Honors advisor once per semester. After your freshman year, you have access to both a departmental advisor (for your major) and an Honors advisor. We encourage you to meet with an Honors advisor once a year as well as during the semester before graduation.
All Honors advising appointments are held in the Honors College at 701 W. Grace Street. Please arrive on time and prepared for an appointment. After you sign in at our front desk, your advisor will greet you and start your appointment.
Our advisors hold walk-in hours at the start of every semester. Please see the Honors College Weekly Update for these hours. To make an appointment, contact your advisor through email (click on their name below) or by calling our front desk at 804-828-1803.
Students are assigned to an advisor based on their school, major or program of study:
- School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- School of Allied Health
- Health, Performance and Exercise Science (HPEX)
- Pre-Dental Hygiene
- Pre-Clinical Laboratory Science
- Pre-Radiation Science
- School of the Arts
- School of Business
- School of World Studies
- Robertson School of Media and Culture
- L. Douglas Wilder School of Government and Public Affairs
- School of Education (Liberal Studies for Early Education)
- School of Life Sciences
- African American Studies
- Economics (Humanities and Sciences)
- Forensic Science
- Gender, Sexuality and Women’s Studies
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Mathematical Sciences
- Political Science
- Students enrolled in Guaranteed Admission Programs
- Transfer Students